PROJECT NAME: BIOGAS PROJECT FROM MANURE
PRESENTATION OF THE ASSOCIATION: Maquinaria Salas
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
Briefly, the essence of the project is to optimize the process of biogas production from animal waste (manure), and demonstrate its economic viability, adapting the design according the size of the farm. That would be suitable for farms from 50 to 1.500 live stock units. This project idea has two different phases:
1. Analysis of the environmental parameters and manure conditions with the aim of optimizing the energy balance of the plant, while we seek the maximum stabilization of manure, thereby decreasing to a large extent its risk to the environment (lab scale).
2. Once Phase 1 is completed, the goal is to develop a modular pilot plant. The construction of an innovative biogas reactor and the subsequent investigations to optimize the process (cost-effective) and analyze the quality of the biogas obtained will be the focus of this phase. The results achieved from the pilot plant will be taken into account for a future industrial plant. Modular pilot plant will be considered.
1. Consolidation of biogas as an alternative source of energy and a significant reduction of greenhouse gases.
2. Design of a new anaerobic digestion reactor with higher energy efficiency, increasing the biogas net production.
3. Demonstration of the feasibility of this system through a pilot plant.
4. Waste recovery through some other applications such as:
Soil: Generate a natural fertilizer with good quality and low cost.
Biomass: Pellet shaped fuel.
Agriculture: Forage drying system during spring and summer.
5. Contribution to the sustainability of livestock farms.
Companies engaged in the production of biogas from manure
Companies engaged in the use of manure as energy (for example, industrial plants)
Companies engaged in the manufacturing of similar plants.
FIELD OF ACTIVITY:
Renewable energy, reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and increase energy efficiency.
DEADLINE FOR DE PARTNER SEARCH: unspecified
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE PROJECT: unspecified
Coordinador de Maquinaria Salas
Sr. Raúl Amarelle
Gerente de Maquinaria Salas I + D