Title: Nature Conservation Project
Description of the Project:
Are you passionate about nature conservation? Do you want to experience unique Croatian culture and learn Croatian? Would you be okay with getting your hands dirty every day? If you answered yes to all of these questions, the volunteering in Cave park Grabovača is just the thing for you!
1. Botanical garden– be part in the creation of the new touristic offer for the kids in the Cave park (Design, build, maintenance);
2. Educational Activities - Create awareness and appreciation about the nature, learning about karst, history of Croatia etc.
3. Participation in workshops about karst, water in karst, karst forms, ecological problems in karst etc.
4. Learning the basic of speleology
5. Helping local's residents in their daily activities
6. Learning Croatian language
7. Children Programmes – school of foreign language for local kids
8. Publications - Write, edit and design of Volunteer newsletter and volunteer blog
9. Design and artwork - Provide design services for our promotional and educational materials such as posters, banners, signs and interactive media programmes
10.Flora Survey - In order to plan for conservation, rehabilitation and environmental management, it is necessary to know what flora and vegetation is on site and what condition is in it.
The Public Institution for the Management of Geomorphological Monuments of Nature “Cave park Grabovača” expects to host 15 participants ie. Volunteers.
Volunteers will be staying in a creative environment and will therefore be able to direct their ideas to improve park services for users. Volunteers will be in direct communication with visitors of the Cave park. For each proposed activities volunteers will be divided in groups, according to their skills and interest, and each group will be working one part of the activity.
In order to become a partner in this project you must comply with the following criteria:
high motivation, inovativeØ
aged of participant over 18Ø
team workers, desire to work in the nature and field researchØ
- communication skills, good knowledge of English language
represent fully registered NGO/Institution which has PIC number and uploaded registration documents to URF portalØ
You are legally established in a country belonging to one of the following groups:Ø
- the 27 EU member states
Work experience is not necessary, everything what you need is a desire to work in protected area and dealing with matters concerning on environmental protection.
Together with your application please send a motivation letter.
Contact person: Jelena Milković