Title: Coaching Rugby 7 to Girls
Description of the Project: Rugby7Girls is a project initiated by a consortium that want to change the perception of women’s rugby in Europe. The main problem identified by the members of the consortium is the lack of skills of coaches in the women’s rugby sector. The Rugby7Girls project’s aim is to promote education in and through sport with special focus on skills development of coaches interested in women’s rugby.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1. To develop the skills and competences of the members of the consortium and about 100 local coaches/high school sport teachers.
2. To provide an opportunity for the partner associations that wish to work together to share
knowledge and gain first-hand experience of women’s rugby structures and activities from one
another during the 3 transnational meetings.
3. To promote the benefits of practicing this sport by young girls – grassroots women’s rugby (promotion of rugby game for women and increasing the number of female rugby players), in the 3 partner countries during the entire period of the project. (through local events). They expect that the promotion and positioning of women in rugby at all levels will result in significant increased involvement and interest from fans, audiences, players and investors.
The project has previewed until now 3 transnational meetings:
• RUGBY7GIRLS TRANSNATIONAL MEETING IN ROMANIA - 2 DAYS (MAY 2020)
• RUGBY7GIRLS TRANSNATIONAL MEETING IN ITALY - 2 DAYS (SEPTEMBER 2020)
• RUGBY7GIRLS TRANSNATIONAL MEETING IN FRANCE - 2 DAYS (MARS 2021)
Partners in the project until now:
• Association School of Coaches “Ioan Kunst Ghermănescu” (IKG) – coordinator http://ikg.ro/
• Sports Club Agronomy Bucharest https://www.facebook.com/agrobucharest/
Each partner in the project is expected to participate to the following activities:
- Project management 250 euros/month (250X 24 = 6000). About 3000 euros for the 3 transnational meetings (travel and accommodation for staff
members). Total budget: 9.000/partener. Total budget of the project: max 60.000 euros
- Presence to the transnational meetings organised in the other partner countries (2 events
except the event in your own country)
- Organisation of 3 local events – these local events will be a part of the transnational event in
each country (2 days):
o RUGBY7GIRLS NETWORKING EVENT with representatives of the NGOS/institutions/local
clubs in the domain of women's rugby
o RUGBY7GIRLS TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR COACHES with about 30 local coaches/sport
teachers etc. that want to develop their skills in the domain of women's rugby
o RUGBY7GIRLS IN HIGH SCHOOLS where famous rugby players will meet with young girls
to share their passion for rugby.
The main tangible output of the project will be:
• an online RUGBY7GIRLS GUIDE FOR COACHES in women’s rugby that will gather good practices in each country, women's rugby – features, biological particularities specific to female, physical training (methodical priorities); technical preparation (methodological priorities); tactical preparation (methodical priorities); psychological preparation (methodical priorities); theoretical training (methodological priorities); specific technical-tactical means of preparation.
• a RUGBY7GIRLS STRATEGIC REPORT in each country - Bringing the rugby people together to develop a shared vision of how the growth of the game should be organized and managed improves buy-in from the local community, as well as providing a unique local solution. (eBook with the transcription of the local networking meetings)
• A RUGBY7GIRLS WEBSITE that will gather resources for youth coaches and senior coaches, videos from the local events and innovative rugby coaching pathways to become a coach in women’s rugby and to develop one’s coaching methods
Partner Sought: They are looking for 3 more partners from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries.
Contact: Dan Badea