Italy. Europe for Citizens
Name of the project: New cultural frontiers in Europe: food landscapes for green and sustainable local development - EUrLand
Description: The Lombardy section of the Italian Association of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions - (known as AICCRE Lombardia) is looking for a partner in Spain, France, Slovenia and Portugal in order to candidate the project "New cultural frontiers in Europe: food landscapes for green and sustainable local development - EUrLand" in the context of the next Call Europe for Citizens - Network of Towns
The project aims to create a network of "food landscapes" in Europe among some scenic destinations of the Mediterranean basin to:
- update information on the dynamics of traditional Mediterranean food landscapes;
- raising awareness of the importance of EU policies in relation to the subject matter;
- make clear, through best practices, the importance of the role that minicipalities can play in food/gastronomy sector;
- promotion of the Mediterranean gastronomic and culinary heritage by enhancing the variety of territorial resources and the various final transformations;
- awareness of local stakeholders, first of all farmers and fishermen, towards the perception of the risks involved in the impoverishment of their ecological heritage;
- development of integrated proposals for the enhancement of food landscapes developed with local stakeholders
- to increase knowledge on practices to strengthen competitiveness, in order to better promote local tourism and its resources in a transnational perspective;
- to increase the knowledge and skills of young people and women on the added value of small local products in the enhancement of rural and seafood landscapes.
Last of the project: 24 months
Partner Sought: The partners search is address to municipalities/local institutions and protected areas for each nation involved: Spain, France, Slovenia and Portugal.
Deadline: 31-07 2018
Mrs. Milena Bertani