Title: On the train to sustainability
Description of the Project:
The project is about sustainable travel, zerowaste and an eco-friendly life. The goal is to change the mindset and habits of young people when it comes to sustainability:
- To make them aware that they have a big impact locally, nationally and globally with their lifestyle. They can make a positive impact on the world by alternative ways of travelling, eating, living, …
-Work with hands-on activities and let the youngsters experience that the alternative ways are not that difficult.
-Starting travelling by train to the hosting partner and doing practical workshops about recycling, DIY, … while hiking in the nature. After the project they know how to act according the 5 P’s of sustainability and they are ambassadors of the project.
Examples of activities:
- Departing from two countries by train to a third country. Each organization starts the project by travelling to a central country by train. On the train the project already started. Their participants have to make a workshop about sustainability. They also get information about sustainable travelling and alternative ways.
- They come together and live for 5 days in the nature, sleeping in tents, cooking for themselves, …
- 5 day hike in a national park where they clean up trash to make an impact and show how bad it is
- Cooking for themselves the most sustainable way + zerowaste
- Visiting a local NGO with expertise and is an example for sustainability
- Workshops about reuse, recycle, do it yourself (making washing products, …)
- They make a short documentary about their reflections and observations.
Partner Sought: 2 partners
Contact: Sarah Goris
Publicado por europa en septiembre 27, 2019